Get Help From a Top-Rated Georgetown, MI Family Law Attorney Today
At Kraayeveld Family Law, our Georgetown, MI family lawyers are knowledgeable, responsive, and solutions-driven advocates for our clients. Our firm handles every legal matter with skill, compassion, and personal attention. If you have any questions about your legal rights or legal options, we are more than ready to help. Give us a call now or contact us directly through our website to arrange your fully confidential initial consultation with a Georgetown lawyer.
We Provide Full-Service Family and Divorce Representation
For more than 25 years, people in Georgetown and the surrounding area have trusted our family law firm to guide them through some of life’s most emotional and challenging experiences. We understand the complexities of family law cases and we are passionate about helping our clients navigate the legal system in the most effective, future-focused manner. The family and divorce firm of Kraayeveld Family Law is proud to represent clients in Georgetown. We help people through some of the most challenging experiences of their lives. Our firm provides a full range of family law services, including:
- Divorce: Michigan is a no-fault divorce jurisdiction. The only ground for divorce in the state of Michigan is a breakdown of the marriage. Neither spouse is required to prove that the other did anything wrong to get a divorce. Our Georgetown family lawyers provide comprehensive divorce representation in contested divorces, uncontested divorces, and divorce mediation. We can help you with property division, debt division, alimony, child custody, and child support. To learn more, please do not hesitate to contact our Georgetown divorce attorneys.
- Family Law: Family law cases should be handled with the utmost care, sensitivity, and compassion. Whether you are going through a marital separation, an issue involving children, or domestic violence, our Georgetown, MI law firm provides personalized, tenacious guidance and support you can trust. We are solely focused on family law disputes. For more information, contact our Georgetown, MI family lawyers for a confidential consultation.
- Child Custody: In Michigan, custody matters are resolved pursuant to best interest factors set forth in the Michigan Child Custody Act. Parents can agree to a parenting plan that works best for their unique situation. We advocate for both custodial parents, non custodial parents, and parents with shared child custody. Our legal team focuses on thorough preparation allowing us to be prepared for trial and because we try cases, we do a better job settling cases. Some parents want to find a low-conflict solution. At the same time, your parental rights matter. We are always ready to fight tenaciously to do what is best for you and your children. If you have any questions about a custody or visitation matter, our Georgetown child custody lawyers are ready to help.
- Appeals: Received an adverse decision in a family law case from a Michigan court? It is normal to feel stressed out, frustrated, and overwhelmed. The good news is that you have the right to appeal. In Michigan, you need to be proactive with a family law appeal. You only have 21 days to initiate a Claim of Appeal. Appellate law is complex. You should have a Georgetown appellate lawyer with experience on your side. Our law firm handles family law appeals throughout the entire State of Michigan.
You Can Trust Our Georgetown Family Law Firm
Whether it is a divorce, a custody battle, a child support matter, or any other type of family law situation, you need top-quality legal representation. Your rights matter. At Kraayeveld Family Law, we are committed to handling each case the right way. When you reach out to our legal team, you will have a chance to consult with a Georgetown family & divorce attorney who will:
- Listen to what you have to say, answer legal questions, and explain your options;
- Gather documents, records, and other information that you will need to proceed;
- Take care of the litigation and any other related legal documents;
- Advocate for you in settlement—reducing conflict whenever possible; and
- Take action to help you secure the best results in your legal case.
Schedule a Fully Private Consultation With a Georgetown, MI Family Lawyer Today
At Kraayeveld Family Law, our Georgetown family law attorneys are standing by, ready to help you find the best path forward. If you have any questions about your rights or options, we are here to help. Reach out to us by phone or connect with us online to set up your fully private, no commitment case review. We provide family law guidance and support in Georgetown, Ottawa County, and throughout West Michigan.